Boise, Idaho Car Accident Lawyers
According to the National Highway Traffic Association, an estimated 2.35 million people were injured in car accidents during the year of 2008. If you are one of those people or have experienced a car wreck in the years since, you are probably facing the burden of how to pay medical bills, how to deal with your car repairs, and possibly the threat of a lawsuit because of your accident. Idaho’s car accident lawyers at Montgomery Dowdle have been protecting and defending the rights of Idahoans for over 35 years, and we’re prepared to do the exact same thing for you.
Our Boise, Idaho car accident lawyers can review the details of your case, estimate the value of your claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and fight to help you get the settlement you deserve from negligent parties.
What to Do After a Boise, Idaho Car Accident
In the adrenaline-packed moments after a car accident, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed, angry, upset, and stressed. Many people, even experts, sometimes find themselves at a loss regarding what steps they should take after a car accident. If you’ve been in a crash, the first step you should always take is to seek medical attention for your injuries, make sure everyone at the scene is safe, and call 911 to make a police report. Here are the steps you can take after a Boise, Idaho car accident to protect your rights:
- Call 911. Under Boise, Idaho law, you must call the police after a car accident that involves the death or injury of another person, and you must call the police if the accident resulted in property damage in excess of $1,500. Even if you think the damage to your vehicle is minor, it is still a good idea to call the police and make a report. Sometimes injuries may not always be apparent at the scene of the crash and sometimes damage to a vehicle that appears minor can be expensive to repair.
- Seek Medical Attention. Again, even if you think your injuries are minor, you may still want to follow up with a doctor. Some injuries don’t appear immediately after an accident. Injuries like whiplash, traumatic brain injury, and post-traumatic stress disorder can sometimes take days or even weeks before a victim experiences symptoms. If you have been in an accident, seek medical attention and follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Tell Your Insurance Company You’ve Been in an Accident. If you’ve been in an accident, your insurance company might want you to let them know as soon as possible.
- Exchange Contact Information with the Other Driver and Witnesses. Get the contact information, insurance information, and the make, model, and license plate number of the other car involved in your crash.
- Take Photos. Photograph your injuries and damage to your vehicle. If you can photograph the position of both vehicles after the car accident, that can also be helpful for investigators who might want to better understand what happened.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer. Not all car accident claims will need to be taken to a lawyer. If, for example, you were in a minor fender bender, are happy with the settlement your insurance is providing, or if there was no damage or injuries, you may not need a personal injury lawyer. However, if you were seriously injured, you may want to speak to a car accident lawyer like Montgomery Dowdle in Boise, Idaho. Determining the value of a car accident claim can be an involved process that may include speaking to experts to estimate the value of future medical expenses and lost wages. You and your family might also be entitled to receive money to cover your pain and suffering. Families sometimes accept what they believe is a significant settlement from their insurance company, unaware that they might have been entitled to receive more. Reach out to Montgomery Dowdle, a car accident attorney in Boise, Idaho today to learn more.
Montgomery Dowdle is a car accident law firm in Boise, Idaho that understands how stressful the aftermath of a crash can be for victims and families. You and your family may be struggling with helping a family member recover from significant injuries. You may be wondering how you’ll pay for medical bills or rehabilitation expenses or for the high deductibles you might face if you are insured. If you have had to miss work due to your injury, or if your loved one who is the family’s primary breadwinner has been out of work, you may be wondering how you’ll make ends meet. Montgomery Dowdle is a compassionate and caring car accident law firm that uniquely understands the challenges car accident victims and their families face. Our car accident attorneys are here for you in Boise, Idaho to help you with every step of the car accident claim process—from evaluating your claim to helping you understand how much your claim might be worth, to helping you seek the damages you might deserve either outside or inside court, we are here for you.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
The car accident lawyers at Montgomery Dowdle are available to take your call. We are here and ready to learn more about the details of your accident and can offer you guidance on the next steps. Many families are at a loss after a car accident in Boise, Idaho. Reach out to our lawyers today to learn more.
It is our job to help you get the money you deserve. We will get money for you, or you pay us nothing. Our qualified Boise, Idaho personal injuries lawyers and staff are here to help you. Call Montgomery Dowdle at (208) 378-8882 or fill out a free online contact request form today.
My initial experience with the insurance company after my car accident was a nightmare. I tried to handle the case myself but the stress of my unpaid medical bills, collection companies, and the constant fight with the insurance company kept me up at night. I was getting jerked around and knew I needed help. I contacted Gary Montgomery and explained my case. He took over and my stress melted away. Gary obtained the policy limit and put a hefty chunk of change in my pocket. All I had to do was sign a few papers and Gary did the rest. If you’re battling insurance companies and you have a valid case, get Gary Montgomery to represent you, it’s the best choice I made in my case.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
If you've been injured in an accident, or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, we can help. With our many years of experience, we have provided hundreds of good people with the legal assistance the've needed to navigate the uncertainties of an accident claim and obtain the compensation they deserve. We will do the same for you.